So you've decided to do a home remodel. You've chosen your home renovation contractor and things are in motion to start the home renovation. Here are some tips that you can keep in mind to help your home renovation contractor give you the best result possible on your home renovation.
- Don’t delay plans and decisions that have already been made. The name plans means craftsmen have to reschedule which runs into a lot more money.
- Don’t change your mind repeatedly. These changes costs money when a change order has to be made.
- Don’t purchase your own materials. Your contractor is able to get a better price than you and they will buy the right thing. If you try to buy your own materials, you might end up costing the project money by the use of incorrect materials.
- Don’t renovate if your house is not worth renovating. Your house may not be worth all the costs involved with fixing it up. Do you have a bad foundation, no insulation in your house or other irreconcilable faults? Listen to the home renovation contractor and other craftsmen that come to your house. Be open to what they say and the suggestions they offer.
- Don’t let your children and pets get in the way of the people working in your home. This can be a danger to them and also the home renovation contractor. This might also cause damage to projects-in-progress, like tile that is in the process of drying.
- If possible, don’t live in your home while you are remodeling. Even if you cannot financially afford to move out during the entire remodel, try a retreat to avoid the mess and stress halfway through the remodel to give yourself a break.
- Don’t bother the person working on your home by talking and being underfoot. This can cause delays, as the contractors working on your home do have to stick to schedules. If they talk to you for an hour about your vacation plans, that's an hour they were not working on your house.
- Make sure your remodel plans fits the personality of your home. You don’t want a ultra modern kitchen in a Victorian home.
- Make sure you have a plan. Take the time to have plans drawn up by a professional architect or interior designer to make sure all elements are being taken into consideration.
We here at Steve Cury Construction want to make sure that your home remodel goes as smoothly as possible. Utilize our years of experience for your next home renovation project. Call us today at (888) 240-1192.