There are many considerations to take into account when it comes to buying a home. Here are some recommendations from Steve Cury Construction about buying your custom home.
Tips for Buying a Home (particularly a custom home):
- Identify a budget. How much are you willing to spend? Not only do you want to identify a budget for the home building process, but be aware that there are many upgrades and expenses that you may choose to opt for throughout the process. This is why we suggest identifying a building budget, but also give yourself an "upgrade" budget in case you decide you just have to have that mahogany door or upgraded cabinets.
- Figure out where you want to build. Not only will your local real estate agent be able to help you determine this, but we here at Steve Cury Construction are "locals" here to Palm Beach County, so we'll be able to give you input on your property decision.
- Think about schools and area amenities. This is an important consideration for resale factor, even if you do not have kids! Choose a neighborhood with good schools. Also consider amenities that will be available to you in the area. All of these are factors in maintaining the value of your home for years to come.
- Prioritize what you want in your home. You don't have to come to us with a home drawing from an architect- we will help you facilitate that process. However, think about what is really important to you in your home. Do you have to have a big front porch? Large master suite? State-of-the-art kitchen? What style of home would you like to build (contemporary, modern, traditional, etc)? All of these details will help us build you the home of your dreams and make sure you get the important items incorporated in your home.
- Build for aging and life changes. Especially if you plan on this being your forever home, make sure you plan for the changes that life will bring. You might want to consider a single story design if you plan on retiring in your home. Or if you are a young family planning on expanding your family, you may might want to include extra bedrooms in your home.
- Know your time frame. Custom homes take longer to build than production homes. We here at Steve Cury Construction will make sure to let you know up front how long your home will take a build contingency plans with you to make sure you can adequately prepare for delays and build in time to sell existing properties, etc.
Contact Steve Cury Construction to get the process going on building your custom home today: (888) 240-1192.